It’s the 5th edition of this ultimate frisbee team tournament organized by Lisbon Ultimate Club, at Carcavelos beach, next to Lisbon, Portugal.
In the next weeks, we’ll be posting all the info about the tournament.
HOTEL and DIRECTIONS
You can get there from the airport to Carcavelos in a number of ways.
Taxi: in the airport, don’t go to the taxi’s near arrivals as these will generally try to rip you off. Instead, take a right after passing customs and go up the escalator and near that exit you can wait and hold a cab. It should take you about half an hour and expect to pay 30-35€.
Public Transport: take the red metro line to Alameda and change to the green line to Cais de Sodré. From there take the train to Carcavelos and then it’s an 8 minute walk to the hotel. Should take you about 1-1,5 hours and cost around 4€ per person.
There’s also the direct bus from the airport to Cais do Sodré train station: Aerobus
Uber does exist in Portugal and it’s a valid option. Another one would be to try a private shuttle service (such as this: http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/php/airport_shuttle_direct.php), which sometimes offer quite competitive prices when booked in advance for groups.
The tournament will be played according to official BULA 5×5 beach ultimate rules, with the following specificities/exceptions:
- Games will be played until one team reaches 13 points or for 45 minutes (time cap)
- If no team has 13 points before the timecap is reached, finish the point currently played. If the point difference is larger than 1 the game is over.
- Otherwise a cap of 1 is added to the highest score and play resumes until either team reaches this score
- Half time will take place when one team reaches 7 points; the initial pull is mirrored but there will be no delay between points
- Each team has the right to 1 time-out of 1 minute length per game, which can be taken at any point before the time cap has been reached
- Please be on time and respect time limits between points and during time-outs
Each team will receive bottles of water from us which can be refilled on the beach. In addition, we will have plenty of fruit, bread and ham/cheese/etc. If you wish to have a more filling lunch or other drinks, there are plenty of beach bars around.
If you have any questions, please let us know!